This raspberry torte is a beautiful medley of textures and flavours. The vanilla, raspberries and almonds perfectly compliment each other. The recipe produces an extremely thick batter that makes sure the fruit doesn't sink to the bottom. The best part is that this recipe is super easy to adapt. It can be made using pretty much any fruit, and is just as delicious.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- About 15 raspberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 9 inch spring form tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar, butter until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the sieved flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until combined. The batter will be extremely thick.
- Transfer the batter into the tin and smooth the top.
- Place the raspberries on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the 1 tsp sugar and almonds on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.