If you liked my Raspberry and Almond Torte recipe, you will most definitely love this too. I am not really a peach-eater. And don't worry if you aren't either, because you will love this torte either way! This is my go-to torte recipe, and I use it with pretty much any kind of fruit. It has never disappointed me, trust me.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- About 15 peach slices
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 9 inch spring form tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar, butter until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the sieved flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until combined. The batter will be extremely thick.
- Transfer the batter into the tin and smooth the top.
- Place the peaches on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the 1 tsp sugar and lemon juice on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.