If you love mangoes, this dessert is for you. Buttery crust, with light vanilla pastry cream and fresh sweet mangoes. It's the perfect summer dessert, and it is super easy to make! I used the same crust from my Apple Pie recipe, you can take a look at it here: Apple Pie Crust Recipe.
- 3 egg yolks
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 300 g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla bean
- 2 large mangoes
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until they turn slightly pale.
- Add in sifted flour and corn flour into the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- In a saucepan, add the milk and the vanilla bean seeds. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Remove it from the heat just as it starts to foam.
- Pour the milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until it boils and thicken.
- Add in the vanilla extract and whisk.
- Pour the pastry cream into a clean bowl and wrap with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic touches the pastry cream.
- Let the Cream cool completely. Then pour in into the baked tart shell.
- Slice mango slices thinly and arrange them on top of the pastry cream.