Apple And Cinnamon Cake

I made this apple and cinnamon cake for Mother’s Day (Yes, I realize this post is three weeks too late). But the good thing is that this cake is super yum, and doesn’t need a special occasion to be enjoyed.



I remember when I was little, and knew nothing about baking; I tried baking an apple cake. It was a disaster. I didn’t follow a recipe (what 9 year old would?). The cake tasted like baby food. You’d be happy to know, since then I’ve worked on my apple cake recipe, and it is now one of my favorite apple desserts.


Ingredients:
  1. 85 g unsalted butter
  2. 180 g flour
  3. 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  4. ½ tsp cinnamon
  5. ½ tsp salt
  6. 170 g powdered sugar
  7. 1 egg
  8. ½ c milk
  9. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  10. 2 apples, sliced
  11. 1 tbsp powdered sugar
  12. 1 tsp cinnamon


Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 9-inch tin with baking paper.
  2. In a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add in the milk, whisking continuously.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients one-third at a time. Mix until there are no lumps.
  5. Transfer the batter into the prepared tin.
  6. Coat the apple slices in a little bit of flour and arrange on top of the batter.
  7. Now, mix the 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the apples.
  8. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, and then lower the temperature to 150 degrees and bake for another 30-35 minutes. 



Comments

Popular Posts