Banana ice-cream with salted caramel, roasted peanuts and chocolate chips. Need I say more? A few months back, I had posted recipes for Chocolate Ice-cream and Mango Ice-cream. If you're looking for a low fat version, you can check them out. This new ice-cream base recipe is a lot creamier and richer, and will melt in your mouth! The best part? You don't need an ice-cream machine! This recipe makes enough for about 2 people, feel free to increase the quantity.
- 50 g whipping cream
- 50 g cold milk
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of roasted peanuts
- handful of chocolate chips
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Pour the whipping cream into a bowl and whip until you have stiff peaks.
- In a food processor, blend the frozen banana until smooth.
- Fold the banana into the cream.
- Add in the milk, only one spoon at a time, mixing after each addition. You might not need all the milk. Just enough so the mixture is a thick, pouring consistency.
- Add in the sugar, according to taste. Again, you might not need all of it.
- Now, fold in the roasted peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into an air tight container.
- Now drizzle the salted caramel sauce on top.
- Pop it in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours.